FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
You may be new to our system, or to online learning, and you probably have lots of questions.
We’ve answered some of the most frequent ones below.
If there’s anything else you would like to find out more about, whether you are a student,
a parent or a teacher, you can get in touch with us anytime.
Here’s a few good reasons:
1. Convenience – no need to leave your home to go to grinds, no wasted time travelling or waiting around.
2. Flexibility – learn when it suits you, view the lessons as many times as you like, and practice whenever you want to. And you don’t need to wait for a week to get support!
3. Value – traditional grinds are expensive, and so is travelling to them. Online learning is much better value for money.
4.Effectiveness – many students find that they focus better and learn better online than with any other method.
Lots of things! The main ones are that it’s:
1. Tailor-made for the Irish secondary system, so you learn everything you need, and no extra material to wade through.
2. Focused on Project Maths to help you make sense of this new style of learning maths. Ours is the only online system fully covering all 5 Strands of Project Maths, up to Leaving Cert Higher level!
3. Video-based, so it’s like having your own private tutor, 24/7, without the pressure to understand everything first time.
4. Interactive, with automatic correction when you do the exercises, and on-line support if you get stuck.
5. Getting better all the time – based on your feedback, we review and update our materials, and add new lessons and features all the time in response to students’ needs.
We are working on this every day, so our system is improving every day, and it always will.
6. Based on Moodle, which is the same learning platform used in the top schools and many universities.
7. It just works! – Don’t take our word for it, check what students and teachers are saying about us. Then try it for yourself!
If you like what you see (and we think you will), you can sign up for Full Membership which will give you access to all the lessons you require.
Project Maths is the name given to the new maths syllabus which is now fully implemented for the Junior Cert and Leaving Cert.
Project Maths places more emphasis on real-life scenarios, less emphasis on using past examination papers and requires a real understanding of maths rather than rote learning.
Many students are finding that Project Maths is quite a challenge, and some are not sure what is expected or how to approach it. We are here to help guide and support you in this new approach to maths.
From now on, all secondary students are studying the full Project Maths course.
Irish secondary students at all levels will benefit from using the system.
Whether you are going for a top grade at Higher level, or just looking to make maths easier and more manageable, we will help you to improve your maths ability and score higher in your exams.
We cover Project Maths strands 1 to 5, which is the entire course for Leaving Cert.
Yes it does. Transition Year is a great opportunity to really improve your maths.
Maybe you want to keep your maths skills from getting rusty before entering 5th year.
Perhaps you think you are not quite able for Leaving Cert higher, but could do it if you got a bit of help (and don’t forget there are now 25 bonus points when you do higher level).
Or maybe you want to get a head start on everyone else, and be confident and relaxed entering 5th year.
So there are lots of good reasons to use themathstutor.ie system during transition year!
We cover Project Maths strands 1 to 5, which is the entire course for your Junior Cert.
Yes it does.
The system is designed to be used primarily on a normal laptop or desktop computer (PC or Mac), or a tablet computer like an iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab.
As well as this, you can also use it on a smartphone, whether you have an iPhone, Android or Windows device. It’s a great way to learn on your way to school, or any time you have 10 minutes to spare.
So – desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet – the choice is yours!