Frequently Asked Questions
Lots of things! Here’s some of the main ones:
1. Online experts – we’ve been teaching Irish maths students online since 2011 and we know what works!
2. Tailor-made for the Irish secondary system, so you learn everything you need, and no extra material to wade through.
3. Video-based, so it’s like having your own private tutor, 24/7, without the pressure to understand everything first time.
4. Exam-focused – with 7 years of past exam papers on video, our exclusive exam technique booklet and our famous exam countdown course, we’ll help you to get the grade you need!
5. Interactive, with automatic correction when you do the exercises, and on-line support if you get stuck.
7. It just works! – Don’t take our word for it, check what students and teachers are saying about us. Then try it for yourself!
Here’s a few good reasons:
1. Convenience – no need to leave your home to go to grinds, no wasted time travelling or waiting around.
2. Safety – reduced time on transport or in a grinds classroom helps keep you safe from COVID19.
3. Flexibility – learn when it suits you, view the lessons as many times as you like, and practice whenever you want to. And you don’t need to wait for a week to get support!
4. Value – traditional grinds are expensive, and so is travelling to them. Online learning is much better value for money.
5. Effectiveness – many students find that they focus better and learn better online than with any other method.
Of course! We know that this is a new way of learning for many people, so we are happy to give you access to some sample lessons and quizzes for free.
If you like what you see (and we think you will), you can sign up for Full Membership which will give you access to all the lessons you require.
Even better, you have our No Quibble guarantee – if you are not delighted with our system, we will refund you – with no quibble whatsoever! – within the first 7 days.
Irish secondary students at all levels will benefit from using the system.
Whether you are going for a top grade at Higher level, or just looking to make maths easier and more manageable, we will help you to improve your maths ability and score higher in your exams.
Of course. We make maths much easier for LC students.
We cover Leaving Cert Higher and Ordinary as two separate courses, and all of our lessons are tailor made for the Irish maths syllabus.
Yes it does. Transition Year is a great opportunity to really improve your maths, and we have a special course tailored for TY students!
Maybe you want to keep your maths skills from getting rusty before entering 5th year.
Perhaps you think you are not quite able for Leaving Cert higher, but could do it if you got a bit of help (and don’t forget there are now 25 bonus points when you do higher level).
Or maybe you want to get a head start on everyone else, and be confident and relaxed entering 5th year.
So there are lots of good reasons to use themathstutor.ie system during transition year!
Yes it does. We cover the new Junior Cycle course, and we have model solutions to some of the new sample questions.
Just like Leaving Cert students, you will benefit from on-demand video lessons, quizzes, online support and much more!
Yes it does.
Our system is ideal for use on a laptop or desktop computer, or a tablet device. You can also use it on your phone. It’s a great way to learn on your way to school, or any time you have 10 minutes to spare.
So – desktop, laptop, tablet or phone – the choice is yours!